This series of masterbatch products is designed for PP, PE, PET, PS, ABS, HIPS and other resins. We design and produce color masterbatch according to the requirements of "food safety laws", especially according to requirements and features of food packaging. Our raw materials are in accordance with GB9685-2008 "Hygienic standard for food containers, packaging materials and additives". Our products meet all relevant hygienic standards for food packaging materials in China, and some of them meet the standards of FDA in America and LFGB in Germany.
Currently, there are some problems that exist in domestic food packaging materials.
1. Free unpolymerized monomers in plastic or paper products can degrade and find their way into food. The degree of their migration depends on the material's concentration and the degree of combining and flowing of material.
1. Control the total concentration of small-molecular processing auxiliaries such as stabilizers and antioxidants added in during the plastic process to reduce the occurrence of particle migration as much as possible.
2. Select additives that have stable structures and large relative molecular weight. Because of their own structural characteristics, they are will not migrate and can ensure food safety.
3. All additives will be selected according to requirements of FDA certification in America.
2. The heavy metal content in pigments is harmful to humans.
Color masterbatch is a kind of plastic colorant and it certainly contains some pigments that are only possible with heavy metal additives, which are harmful to the human body.
1. Cooperate with pigment downstream suppliers to improve production process and develop new type of environmental pigment which meets the requirements of reduced heavy metal content.
2. Select new types of inorganic compound color pigment without heavy metal.
3. Our laboratories are equipped with heavy metal detection devices to control the heavy metal content of each product. We ensure that our products can meet the requirements of the European Union and America food safety grades.
3. Fluorescent pigment and fluorescent brighteners are harmful to the human body
Fluorescent materials can induce mutations within bodies that can be harmful. They can receive electromagnetic waves or radioactivity with shorter wavelengths than ultraviolet and visible light.
They can convert this energy into visible light with longer wavelengths in order to make objects whiter and brighter. However, if fluorescent materials exceed a certain level, they can become carcinogenic.
Our company forbids using pigments and whitening agents containing fluorescents in food packaging, sanitary products, and children's toys. We have detection instruments like UV lamps to detect fluorescents.
Packaging materials like white films are generally required to have good covering properties. White masterbatch uses rutile titanium pigment that has the highest refractive index and has a very strong covering performance. It is added 60-70% into masterbatch usually. However, nanoscale titanium pigment granules will adsorb each other because of their strong intermolecular forces. If they disperse poorly, they will agglomerate easily.
Our company uses advanced packaging technology to reduce surface energy and reduce the interaction force between granules. At the same time, the color masterbatch are extruded by carrier with pigments which have aqueous phase grinded and turned. They have high concentration and good dispersity, and they are clean and uniform in color.
Plastic products can produce unpleasant smells mainly because of some additives used in the production process.
1. Change additives
For example, phenol stabilizers are replaced by zinc stabilizers with low odor. Amines lubricants extracted from animals are replaced by oleic acid and erucic acid extracted from plants.
2. Use purer carrier resin
The residual microscale monomers in the plastic polymerization process will cause unpleasant smells, so using resins with few residual monomer can remove this smell. And some newly developed carrier resins have very little smell in processing.
3. As for the pigment's smell caused by residual sulfide, our company will cooperate with pigment suppliers to remove residual smell through a desulfurization process.