1. Plastic pipe and fittings color masterbatches are suitable for use with high quality PPR as basic materials, so they have good consistency and dispersing fluidity. They will not influence the impact strength, tensile strength, or thermal properties of PPR pipes.
2. According to market demands, our company has developed black masterbatch used in PE water supply pipes. We selected a special resin, high-quality charcoal black, dispersant, lubricant, and process them with a banbury mixer.
3. The products are manufactured in accordance with Chinese hygienic standards and environmental protection standards. We use international high-quality pigment as main raw materials, use various resins as carriers, process many times, and then extrude through twin-screw extruders.
4. The charcoal black pigment in products reaches 45%, so its charcoal black content is high and it has strong coloring strength. It is non-toxic, tasteless, and has good dispersivity, temperature resistance, and UV shielding properties.
Application in this industry
Our products have been widely used in plastic mulch film, impermeable film and water supply pipe and cable sheath. And they can also be used for film blowing injection molding, drawing, making sheets and foaming in PE, PP ABS PS EVA and other basic materials.
Why use color masterbatch to color pipes?
Add color masterbatch to create an opaque pipe and prevent generating foreign matter inside the pipe because of ultraviolet exposure. The pipe's quality is related to its raw materials. Because pigments contact the air directly in storage and use, some phenomenon such as moisture absorption, oxidation, and agglomeration can cause issues. If used directly, color spots will appear on the surface of plastic products. Color becomes dark and fades easily. And when mixing, the dust can affect the operator's health. Color masterbatch needs machining in the production process. Refine the pigments and mix pigments, resin carrier and dispersant together in order to separate pigments from air and moisture, which enhance the weather resistance of pigments, improve dispersity and coloring power, and brighten the hue. Because color masterbatch's shape is similar to resin granules, it is more convenient and accurate to measure and it will not adhere to the container, which can eliminate the need to clean containers and machines and can also save materials for cleaning.
Color masterbatch should have these characteristics to meet requirement of Plastic Pipe Manufacturing industry
1. It should have good dispersity.
2. It should have stability during high temperature processing.
3. There is no color migration phenomenon.
4. Color masterbatch's size must be same with plastic raw material granule, which will help to mix and color evenly in process.
5. 1~4% Masterbatch proportion is suitable, which can avoid coloring unevenly or wasting.
Matters needing attention
1. Proportion: Add masterbatch according to instructions.
2. Mix evenly: Pay attention to prevent static disturbing combination between masterbatch and raw materials
3. Temperature: The temperature of machine must be controlled accurately, and the upper limit temperature shouldn't leave any allowance, otherwise it will cause adverse effects.(If at 200℃ it can be shaped successfully, don't set at 230℃)
4. When setting temperature is very different from measured temperature, pay attention whether there is blockage in die plate in time.
5. Shutdown operation: when the machine is shut down, all the inner feed should be spit out first, especially when changing color. Need a little raw material without color masterbatch to drive away raw material with original color in the machine, and then shut down the machine.
6. The impact of sudden shutdown—the color masterbatch in the latter part of screw has not been fully melted and scattered. They are trapped in the bore with high temperature baking, which leads that lubricating additives will evaporate and color masterbatch will be dried and become carbon. When starting up again, the dispersivity of these masterbatch reduces greatly, some of them will become hard granules blocking the outlet of the machine and then produce stripes. It is a waste of time and materials to eliminate this phenomenon.
7. If color is not changed but the machine must be stopped, the processing temperature in the screw cylinder can be reduced for half an hour before shutdown.